J. Millard Tawes Historical
Open May thru December, call us at 410-968-2501 for more
Admission; $3.00 Ages 12 and above.
second floor of the J. Millard Tawes Historical Museum can be rented
for special occasions, such as reunions, parties, and meetings.
Located on Somers Cove Marina in the downtown area of the City of
Crisfield, Maryland at the end of Ninth Street. The museum tells the
history of our City from the forming of the Chesapeake Bay circa
12,000 years ago to the present. The building also includes our gift
shop and headquarters for our tour guides. Exhibits include:
* Native American artifacts and a stone knapping display
* History of the seafood industry, crabs, oysters and fish
* Oyster industry, skipjacks and oyster shuckers
* 19th & 20th century manufacturing, knives, traps and WWII
* Military memorabilia and veterans display
* Decoy carving and display (many artist)
* Waterfowl hunting and gun display
* Model wooden boat collection
* Boat building display / with tools of the trade
and much more.
Tim Howard Curator